This mid range priced battery powered headlamp has five different light settings: two red LED strobe settings and three different light settings from low to a high mode that can stretch a light up to sixty meters. Usually priced under $20, this headlamp is made of strong plastic and a comfortable headband that will not aggravate you during long periods of use.
This headlamp is also notable for being water proof making it perfect for use during all types of weather or for those (like myself) who perspire maybe a little too much. This runners headband uses three AAA batteries and lasts longer than most of its competitors with over ten hours of life on the maximum setting.
- Not incredibly expensive compared to other brands like Petzl. The affordable price of this headband does not infer inferior quality either as the plastic and elastic materials of the headband are of high quality.
- The five settings of this headband also give this particular model an advantage over other headbands. The two red LED settings and the three regular light settings are a huge convenience.
- Perfect for running, camping, cycling, or any task that requires a hands free light.
- This product is fairly lightweight as well.
- The battery pack can be difficult to maneuver.
- The batteries are the only concern from users for this handy and affordable headband.
Conclusion/solution to Cons
In general, hands free headlamps are highly useful in many situations and in particular camping and night runs. This affordable and cool looking headlamp has everything you will need for those night runs and won’t break your bank. Higher quality headlamps exist on the market but for the price, you cannot really beat this LED headlamp by CREE.